2009-07-17

that makes you a prostitute

I live out in the 'burbs. It's a long commute daily, but I make it because I have to (and 'cause I love my job). 10 months ago (give or take), I was asked by my then-manager if I could help a co-worker out until she got her car road worthy. I said sure. It was only going to be for a coupla months, right?

Up until Wednesday, I was still giving said co-worker a ride.

Lemme back up a sec--on Monday, I got an e-mail from her that said she was thinking about me on that day (the anniversary of the accident), and that I'm a strong woman and she's soooo thankful and appreciative that I give her a ride in to work. She also stated that she'd be getting her license.

Woo-fucking-hoo. I'm sure she's noticed the climate change in my car--I'm not thrilled with her these days, I'm tired of getting up early so I can pick her up and not be late. I'm tired of not getting home until after 7pm (have I mentioned 10 long months? Five days a week?) And I'm especially tired of carting around someone for whom I have absolutely zero respect.

So I was mildly excited to hear that she was finally getting her driver's license on Wednesday. I got a little more excited when she texted me to let me know she'd passed. Not once did she ask me for a ride on Thursday--not before she left for the day, not when she texted me later, not even at 5 am when she knows I'm up and it's still feasible for me to come get her. I certainly wasn't going to call or text her to ask if she needed a ride. I'm done with that shit--I'm not Morgan Freeman, and she ain't Miss Daisy, period.

I'm not gonna lie--I wasn't surprised when she texted me to ask what time I was going in. I was a little bent because she conveniently did it at a time when she knew I was likely on the road. In fact, I was almost at work when I was able to text her back to let her know I wasn't picking her up. Her response was 'oh, ok'.

She ignored me at work. Didn't say a single thing to me. Not a thank you for taking me to work for 10 months, I'm sorry I turned into a burden, nothing. Just flat out ignored me.

And I'm honestly fine with that. She's an asshole, plain and simple. Lied to me for months now about some shenanigans with a couple of co-workers (who are a couple), made herself out to be the victim when that was the farthest thing from the truth. She also uses men for what they can give her--she'll give up the pussy, but you *have* to give her something in return, be it a plane ticket to come see you, a new trashy tattoo, pay her bills, get her a cellphone, buy her clothing, etc.

What befuddles me is that she's been prostituting herself around in this fashion for quite some time, yet she *never* once asked any of her men to fix her fucking car for her.

I'm done with being used. I wish I had been wise enough to nip this shit in the bud several months ago, but what matters now is that she's no longer riding with me. There are other co-workers living out this direction. Let her use them for a while.

0 comments: